Coming of Asian by Amanda Lin
After seventeen years of living in the same small suburban town, Nora prepares to leave the nest–much to the dismay of her best friend, Millie. In the aftermath of a fight at an end-of-summer party, Nora must determine what she owes to herself, and what she owes to the people around her.
- NORA, female, Asian-Canadian, 17.
- MILLIE, female, Caucasian, 18.
- CLEO, female, Asian-Canadian, 22.
- JACK, male, Caucasian, 22.
- Developed in fu-GEN Asian Canadian Theatre Company’s Kitchen Unit (2018-2019)
- Staged Reading: Potluck XVI presented by fu-GEN, director: Cynthia Jimenez-Hicks (June 8, 2019 / Theatre Centre Incubator)
- Development period funded by the Toronto Arts Council, dramaturg: Cynthia Jimenez-Hicks (Fall 2019)